Associate – Asset Services.
POSTING DATE: Sep 13, 2021.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Non-Japan Asia-India-Maharashtra-Mumbai (MSA).
EDUCATION LEVEL: Bachelor’s Degree.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time.
JOB LEVEL: Associate.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Asia Pacific Position Services group is responsible for managing the timely and accurate processing of all corporate events that take place across the Asia markets, which affect security positions and entitlements held by our clients and proprietary trading desks. The group consists of the following teams: Pre-payment (Research and Deadlines), Client Service Group, Payment & Control and Japan Processing. The group consists of 23 full time staff plus a vendor team and is part of the Shared Services & Banking Organisation (SSBO) division within Firmwide Operations.
The group has been established in Hongkong, Tokyo and Mumbai for several years and has developed itself into a highly efficient and successful operation, providing first class client service. This has been achieved through strong focus on control, commerciality and people. We are looking for hard-working candidates in order to fill positions in a recently outsourced team based in Mumbai which will manage the equity business process.
Background on the Team
The Mumbai team within the Asia Pacific group is an asset servicing team responsible for managing the timely and accurate processing of corporate events, which effect security positions and entitlements held by our clients and proprietary trading desks. The group consists of two teams being the Pre-payment (research only) and Payment & Control teams.
The successful candidate will report directly into the Director managing one of the two teams. The primary tasks for the successful individual will include:
Liaising directly with agents and clients to ensure deadlines are researched and processed in an accurate and timely manner for all clients participating in voluntary corporate actions.
- Reconciliation of Corporate Actions and Coupons – this requires diligence, accuracy and self-motivation to ensure that risk is controlled and targets are met. Much of the reconciliation work can be complex, of high value and the resolution may require working with other teams and business units to ensure the correct outcome.
- Risk monitoring & reporting – Individuals must work closely with their line manager in order to prioritise key risks and identify potential loss making breaks.
- Communicating with external agents and internal business units – another essential component of the role is dealing with ad hoc requests from a variety of different Business Units across Morgan Stanley, e.g. Client Service Groups, Private Wealth Management and Financial Controllers, as and when they arise.
The ideal candidate should display the following:
- The candidate should have a minimum of two-years banking experience.
- Good analytical / reconciliation skills.
- Good command of English language (oral and written).
- Good time management and attention to detail is essential, as the role is in a high volume, high risk area that works to strict deadlines.
- Can work well under pressure, lending control and order to a difficult or pressurised situation.
- Prepared to work additional hours to meet deadlines and strong time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills, to be able to use time well and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Previous experience of Corporate Actions preferable.
- The candidate should be hardworking, intelligent, motivated & able to work well under pressure.
- They should be courteous, mature with a pleasant & outgoing personality.
- They should be flexible and adaptable to change.