Overview – Call Center Representative.
A fast-paced dynamic environment where the focus is on our customers and the communities we serve. We are seeking individuals who are high-energy problem solvers and enjoy being part of a team. The call center is a great place to work and learn the utility business. There are opportunities throughout the company to grow into a long-term career.
Call Center Representative
Department Customer Contact Delivery DNY
National Grid’s Customer Contact Center Representative position is an entry level, union-represented role that offers qualified candidates an opportunity to join a challenging, fast pace environment. Position is responsible for completing the detailed transactions and extensive research, analysis and problem-solving necessary to facilitate a timely and satisfactory response to customer issues and concerns. Due to the essential nature of the services we provide our customers, National Grid’s Contact Center’s hours of operation are 24/7 and accepted applicants will be assigned to work a as needed by the business to support our customer centric objectives.
Please take a moment to view our Customer Contact Center Job Preview on you tube and why becoming a part of National Grid’s Customer Delivery team can open a world of endless career growth possibilities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96zhxAQiTI4
Under general supervision, representatives handle fundamental customer contacts, including, but not limited to, the following:
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Pay Rate: $16.00
• Must reside within 2 hours of work location.
• Hybrid environment to include working remotely and/ or on location, as needed.
• Handle Emergency Calls
• Update customer account information
• Apply customer payments
• Assist Customers with beginning and ending service
• Scheduling field orders in alignment with customer expectations
• Assist customers with billing issues both simple and complex
• Handle collections related concerns and assist customers with the various options available to maintain and/or reinstate their service.
Must be willing to work assigned shifts, which may include weekends, holidays and/or overtime.
• Must be available for full-time training; all training is paid time. Consistent and punctual attendance is a must.
• Must remain up to date with all verbal and written communications including using email and supervisor to agent communication tools.
• Complete other duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to email, mail, web chat, and clerical work.
• Upon completion of training, identify customer account issues surrounding meter, billing, collection, and service inquiries that need resolution, as well as, ensuring proper company resources are utilized to resolve issues with customer satisfaction.
• Provide information on the products and programs offered by the company and generate referrals to the appropriate department, if necessary.
• Investigate and analyze customer issues and develop appropriate solutions to satisfy customer needs.
• Respond to all customer contacts included but not limited to gas and electric investigations, complex meter situations, web inquiries, email and correspondence.
• Act as First Responders – report for work during emergencies. i.e. Natural disasters.
• Customer Service Experience preferred
• Must have a minimum a High School Diploma or GED; some college preferred
• Applicant must successfully pass Company supported assessment (Korn Ferry), classroom training, and meet all performance expectations, as determined by the Company.
• Ability to multitask between multiple system applications
• Strong interpersonal verbal and written skills.
• Multi/bilingual candidates preferred but not limited to.
Please be advised that due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to US Department of Transportation (“DOT”) safety regulations.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.