Early childhood supervisor.
Belle River, PE.
$26.35 an hour.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
First Aid Certificate
Child development supervisor (ECE level 3)
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- Infant (3 months – 11 months)
- Supervise staff, trainees or volunteers.
- Order supplies and equipment.
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties.
- Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records.
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children.
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants.
Child care centre.
Security and Safety
Criminal record check.
Vulnerable sector check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Attention to detail.
Combination of sitting, standing, walking.
Ability to Supervise
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent oral communication.
- Interpersonal awareness.
- Values and ethics.
Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills.
- Knowledge of Day Nurseries Act.
- Knowledge of licensing regulations.
- Establish guidelines for behaviour.
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children.
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest.
- provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity.
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits.
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor.
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children.
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children.